Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tile Project



We tiled our kitchen/dining area this past week--quite a project! We began by removing all of the furniture, then linoleum (as well as scrapping and peeling off decades old glue which took two days in and of itself), then carpet, then finally cleaned the area so we could put down mortar. My advisor, John, and my friend, T.J., came and helped me on two separate days (one of them being a 12 hr. day)--so that was a big, and graciously welcomed help. The kids even wanted to be involved in the early stages! Ultimately, it turned out well (although I had my doubts at a couple of points).


























































































2 comments:

Reagan said...

Wow! That looks amazing. Good job! Did you have to custom cut some of the tiles? If so, how did you do it?

4 Georges said...

Looks great Josh! Who knew you would eventually be a handy man!